Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Final Countdown

This weekend was full of fun and family! Friday was my last day of work. I'll miss all of my wonderful coworkers so much! They baked me a cake and sang me a modified rendition of Happy Birthday.


Friday night, my parents threw Abe and I a going away fiesta! Several of my Aunts and Uncles stopped by to wish us Buen Camino!

Some of my lovely Aunts and my Momma


Daddy and I


Fiesta Time!


My momma made delicious Sangria! 



Saturday was Derby Day, which in my family is a day celebrated like any other holiday (it ranks right up there with Christmas and Thanksgiving). We all head to my Granddad's house in Louisville and bet on horses and drink mint juleps (and screwdrivers). Unfortunately I didn't have Orb to win (I did have him in an exacta, but with the wrong horse!), but it was still a really fun day!



My Derby pick was Charming Kitten! 



I found out one of my cousins will be biking the Camino in July. She will be starting right when we should be finishing up. I'm sad that I'll miss her on the trail, but I'm so excited that we will see some of the same things and have some of the same experiences! It'll be fun to talk about our adventures when we both get back to the States!

The only thing that stands between me and Sunday (departure day) is one final exam. I'll be taking my Pathogenic Microbiology final tomorrow morning. I'm hoping for good vibes because knowing that I leave in 5 short days makes me very unmotivated to read about virology, parasitology, and mycology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment