Monday, May 27, 2013

Logroño to Nájera: Concrete May Look Nice, But It's Killer On The Feet

This day was walked on May 26 and was our second 30 KM day in a row. 

We said goodbye to Jake and Steve early this morning since we knew it would be another long day. Most all of this day was on concrete, which is absolutely killer on the feet. It makes them ache for hours after the walk is over. I had my new camera in hand, and was ready to take some photos. Because we were in La Rioja region of Spain, there was pretty much only acres of vineyards to look at. 



We had a quick breakfast at a local cafe where we met up with a father daughter duo from Pittsburgh. The dad was leaving May 27 (today) and his daughter (Jess) was walking on alone. We explained our situation and said that us Camino Orphans would take good care of each other (she's only about 20 or 21, and I know my parents would freak if I was doing this alone at that age). 

After breakfast, we continued along the path. The sun was shining and the birds were chirping and we were enjoying our walk. 



We passed an ancient Pilgrim hospital and albergue. 


And Don Jacobo (a vineyard), which made us miss our Jacobo (Jake).


We made it to Nájera and settled in at a cramped albergue. We didn't care about the bunkbeds and cold showers because we were exhausted. Over 60 KM in two days had totally worn us out. We fell asleep early (I was in bed by 8:30 PM) and I had a very restless sleep (no good for todays walk). I kept feeling like I was going to fall off the top bunk, when in reality, I was almost in Abes's bed! 


Buen Camino! 




No comments:

Post a Comment