Wednesday, February 27, 2013

One of many lists...

I am the type of person who likes to have a plan.  I keep countless highlighted and crossed off to-do lists on my desk.  When it came to planning my Camino, I was no different.  I know many people who walk this trail recommend going in without a plan.  They say to walk each day and only go as far as your body will allow.  Part of their enjoyable pilgrim experience was their lack of a plan.

I, however, have a return flight booked and am on a deadline.  In my last post, I explained our plan for while on the Camino (including distance walked each day as well as our stopping point each night), and today more lists are on my mind.  Maybe putting my current list here will free up some space in my brain for my upcoming Pathogenic Microbiology exam (yuck).

So my current TO DO BEFORE THE CAMINO list includes:

Book flight arriving in Paris
Book flight departing from Barcelona
Book hotel in Paris
Book hotel in Barcelona
Book train ticket from Paris to St. Jean
Book flight from Santiago to Barcelona
Reserve hostel in St. Jean (We went with the popular L'Esprit du Chemin)
Compile packing list
Shop for items needed
Request pilgrim passport
Figure out health insurance while abroad
Figure out phone use abroad
Fix Abe's iPad screen for blogging abroad
Practice walking long distances with pack on
Finalize sightseeing list in Paris
Finalize sightseeing list in Barcelona
Book tickets for going in the Eiffel Tower


No comments:

Post a Comment